Wednesday 28 October 2015

Hyena - Forget My Name


Third single this year from one of the best new bands I've heard in quite some time, don't get me wrong, there's some amazing bands out at the moment, but there's something special about Hyena that tells me they're going to get much bigger. Having caught them live at this years Camden Rocks festival, they laid waste to the tiny Stillery early in the day and were the best band of the day in my opinion and i also saw Dolomite Minor and The St. Pierre Snake Invasion that day! At that point i'd already heard the excellent debut single 'Mental Home' and it's follow up 'Come Down To Hilo' both crammed full of energy and melody not mixed this good since the great 90's days of Sub Pop and Amphetamine Reptile. However Hyena don't tread old ground like some grunge copyists I've been hearing lately, they sound like an undiscovered gem from that era that you've just come across and can't believe your luck. Latest single 'Forget My Name' takes what they've done so far and ramps it up a few more notches further, even louder more immediate riffs, massive melodies, huge chorus... it's got the lot. As usual link below to soundcloud page, discover the next big thing and tell 'em happydays sent you.

https://soundcloud.com/hyenauk

No comments: