Wednesday 24 July 2013

Top 50 of 2012: No.32: Bleeding Through - The Great Fire (Rise)

It may sound like a cliché but a cliché is a cliché for a reason (nicked that from Hey! Hello!) but heavy metal does sound much better louder, to prove this I tried listening to this album last week and I had it on a lower volume, and I just couldn’t get in the mood for it. Today I slammed it up to full and it blew me away like it did last year. Unfortunately since then i’ve found out that this is to be Bleeding Through’s swansong, and it’s a hell of a way to bow out. Back in 2003 there were 2 bands that showed promise, one was Avenged Sevenfold with their ‘Waking The Fallen’ album and the other was Bleeding Through’s ‘This Is Love, This Is Murderous’, one band went on to become a joke and the other got better with each release. I don’t have to tell you which one Bleeding Through went on to be because they’re on this list, blasting out metal as heavy it can get, with a viciousness that you don’t get even on metal albums these days and that will be sorely missed.

8.5/10

No comments: